New source found locally- These whips are back in stock! (Also see our smaller Mini-thin Whip)
This OG Standard Whip is popular among old-school Vaporbrothers fans for its simplicity and function.
- Simple flared tip lets you rotate the whip around during the draw.
- Glass is more durable than on whips with hands free ground joints
- Every feature is well melted in- no sharp edges or weak spots
- Unrestricted airflow ensures the best inhale possible from a box vaporizer
- Stainless screen resists poking and prodding (.75" screen replacement here)
- Screen is cleaned in a high temperature process - Removes chromium
- Same medical grade clear tubing as on our other whips
- Teardrop shape glass mouthpiece (replacements here)
- All glass inspected for defects and free of internal stresses
- Compatible with all Vaporbrothers Vaporizers when used in the "hands-on" fashion. (This model does not stay connected to the heater - is not Hands-Free)
The OG Standard operates by holding the Whip to the heat element during the draw. You may withdraw the whip between hits. The whip stays cooler and you can check your herbs easily between hits.
Because of the whip's bell shaped tip, you can redirect the air flow by simply tilting your hand, providing for more control and a better browning of your blend.
Lack of a ground joint surface means this whip will survive more abuse without breaking.
Ball-joint type connection allows you to rotate the whip around while inhaling, spreading the heat evenly through the bowl.
Since you don't leave the whip on the vaporizer between hits, you can observe your herbs in how they change color, texture, and smell.
If you like this whip, get extra in case of accidents.
Please note this is not a "Hands-free" whip: If your previous whip has a red "HOT" or "CAUTION" emblem and attaches to the heating element by a ground glass joint, your vaporizer is probably a Hands-Free model. This whip will work with a hands free vaporizer, but in the manual fashion, not left on without your hand holding it there. Please search Hands-Free whips if you prefer to not hold your whip to the vaporizer during the inhale.
Cleaning tip - Boiling water: For the brave and conscientious users only! Draw a small pot of boiling water. Leave the whip fully assembled. Dip the bowl end of the whip into boiling water and draw water up into the whip by inhaling through the tube slowly. Don't scald yourself with hot water. The residue should come loose when you forcefully blow the water out of the whip down the drain or back into the cooking pot. Vaporizing residue should not be as stuck to the glass as smoking residue. If there are burned marks, try scraping those with a tool. The cooking pot may become hard to clean with just dish soap, so try this trick: Spray cooking oil all over the pot, let set a few minutes, then wash as normal with dish detergent.
Cleaning tip - Alcohol soak: Fill a plastic baggie about 1/4 full of rubbing alcohol and a spoonful of salt. Leave the screen in the whip handpiece. Remove your whip glass parts from the tubing and drop them in the bag. Shake the bag to cover the glass with alcohol and let sit for a few minutes. Rinse under hot water. If needed repeat the process a time or two or leave overnight. Rinsing should remove all of the residue but will leave a film of oil on the outside of the glass. Use a cloth with alcohol to clean the outside of the glass.
Rescreening: For best performance use only Vaporbrothers .750" replacement screens. Click the diagram to open our rescreening instructions. (Also check this direct video link our most competent whip-screener made us to show his method)